Monday, August 31, 2009

My Alaska Holiday Part 2


. We were now cruising on the M/S Westerdam it’s part of the Holland America Line of cruise ships. There were over 2000 people on board and yet It was far from cramped the description that I would use is comfortable. The food was plentiful the scenery breath taking, and everything is tax and duty free. The choice was ours, relax (yawn) or find something to do, I could sleep at home, so doing things was the choice for us. We were cruising the Inside passage. The Ice bergs and the glaciers, the colours, the whales, the seals, the sea birds, the cold, the snow, and the smell of the see air. You won’t find that on a TV documentary, or for that matter on a post card. It‘s magnificent Glacier Bay Alaska. Our first port of call was Junau I went flying in a sea plane I flew over snow covered mountains and saw forest from above, bald eagles and bears. I am glad that I was in the plane when spotting the bears, they run at 30 miles an hour, much faster than me and they have one thing in mind they want to kill you. I’m so glad I came, I’ve just started and find it beautiful, exhilarating and fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment