Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Alaska Holiday Part 1


My holiday is here at last. My family and I arrived at Perth Airport for our 6:30pm departure. After boarding it was announced that there would be a delay due to a technical problem. Two hours later we taxied away and took off. Later we found out that there was ice on one wing,that is unheard of in Perth,and Airport staff were unsure how to remove it. Frantic enquiries were made and the ice was removed. At last I was away, bound for America. We were flying Air New Zealand,so our first stopover was Auckland, New Zealand it was Saturday morning and we had a seven hour stop here. We flew all night and yet it was still Saturday. We crossed the International Date Line and just landed in Seattle WA. It’s a pretty place but not the WA I know and love. It was Sunday and Americans celebrate Fathers Day in June,I asked my daughter for a present but was rebuffed and told I would have to wait until September. We leave this pretty city at 4pm to commence our cruise to Alaska.

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy on this blog! Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaska sounds especially magnificent - you must have many wonderful memories to take home with you after such experiences!

    ReplyDelete