Monday, September 28, 2009

Dive For Your Life


It was my birthday and my son said "come up to York" (That's in Western Australia).
So away we went. It took an hour to get there, in his car. from the moment we arrived we could see people floating in the air, parachutes billowing. On their landing I expected their faces to depict fear, even terror, From such an undoubtedly harrowing time. But no, I saw joy. My thoughts were"how can this be". Judging from conversations that I over heard from the no doubt loopy people. They were both of sound mind and body.
My question was, "why would any one jump out of a perfectly good plane"? the answer is, the thrill is indescribable. In years gone by expert sailors claimed the world was flat they were proved wrong by switched on people. In the same light sky divers are switched on people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment